Thursday, July 11, 2019

Catch a Wave ??

Hi all,

Yesterday I played with the "Catch a Wave" stamp set from Gerda Steiner, when I saw how cute this little duck was with his surf board, I knew he was a must buy...

I wanted to create a scene for my card, Imagine you're in the ocean looking at the beach...that's the idea I was going for anyway...


I coloured the images with Copics, but the palm tree is from a Lawn Fawn die set - Palm Trees.  I've used distress oxide ink to create my background scene..

So the clouds have been created with the MFT cloud stencil in tumbled glass, the seagulls are from the SSS Surfs up stamp set.

For the sea, I die cut two stencils from the mama elephant Trio of waves die set, I used salty ocean and mermaid lagoon and I went over it with some white textile paint where the waves were crashing.

The beach is antique linen and then I stamped over it with the Altenew snowing stamp and MFT kraft ink.

I cut a small line in my beach so that my surf boards look like they are stuck in the sand and the palm tree is stuck on the sky part of the panel.

The beach panel has been mounted on to fun foam, to create some depth.

The sentiment is from the Catch a Wave stamp set, I'm entering this into the

Simon Monday Challenge Life On The Ocean Waves
Gerda Steiner Share your design for July.
Craft Girls Corner - Summer Fun

Thanks for stopping by!
hugs
XoX


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Alli, this is a brilliant scene! I just recently saw that funny duck on another blog and immediately had to go buy it, but I haven't had time to ink it yet. Thank you for the marvelous inspiration, that ocean is amazing!! And welcome to Blogland! You have a lot of talent to share, so thank you for joining this little community! It's a pleasure to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you follow me, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Darnell, haha I was like that too, he is super gorgeous isn't he. You are too kind, and for sure I shall pop pver to you and share the love! hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Allison your card is adorable. The ocean is amazing. Just a very summer card. Fits perfectly with the challenge. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete