Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy Freezin Season

Hi guys...

Yes it's that time of the year to try to get a head start on making those Christmas cards...And I find it much easier to do these when it's the Winter Season here in Melbourne...we actually had Ice on the car here last week and went down to an over night low of 2 degrees...I know I should be used to the cold coming from the UK but I've grown accustomed to the warm weather now and anything below 20 degrees is cold LOL..

I received my MFT happy mail from Neha at Auzz Trinkets and Craft (the link is on the right if you wish to purchase these) last week and along with the Joyful bears I also ordered a couple of Christmas sets that I had my eye on... This card is made using the "Warm and Feathered Hugs" set.. with 7 Distress Inks blended plus White for the moon.. Distress inks are a little harder to blend than oxides, but they look so different...


I created the panel first by blending the following inks

Starting with Peacock feathers at the bottom and working upwards
broken china
blueprint sketch
wilted violet
chipped sapphire
dusty concord and finishing with
black soot at the top and around the edge.

I then punched a circle in some card and used that for the moon stencil and blended some 
picket fence. Splattered some White diluted Copic ink mixed with perfect pearls for my stars.


Next I die cut my snow banks and painted on some Nuvo Fresh snowfall glitter accents.

I worked out the placement of these before I stamped my trees on the panel with MFT Extreme black ink.  I dabbed on some of the white splatter and the nuvo glitter that was left on my palette on to the trees with a very hard paint brush.  

All that was left to do was to  stamp my sentiment before I attached the snow banks with one and two layers of foam tape!

I'm going to enter this into a couple of challenges

  1. HLS July Christmas Challenge - + optional sparkle
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #348 - Holiday  EDITED - I got Top Addict YAY
  3. SSS - Monday Challenge - Make your own background
  4. Sweet Stampin - June Challenge - Anything Goes and Optional: Non-Traditional Colours
  5. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Any Occasion - Edited I got top 3 - YAY
  6. Cute N Crafty Christmas challenge 15


Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you love this card...

Hugs
XoX











24 comments:

  1. Beautiful night sky and winter scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Melbourne! Even in winter! And this is exquisite! Love the blended background, so well blended! And the white on the trees really is the icing on the cake! XO Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Tina, I did too...but now I'm just cold lol hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. ooh, rug up my friend, we are being blown and washed away up here right now, but at least we are not getting those kind of low numbers lol. Loving your frosty scene here Alli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Therese, yes I saw that you were having bad weather along with Perth.. batten down the hatches and stay safe. Hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. WOW you've certainly been busy and I just LOVE this scene! I really like your tip on doing the moon ... never thought of doing it that way but love the hazy feeling it exudes. Fabulous scene! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene, I like to help out if I can, hugs XoX

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Love the background. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background for this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ink blending! Those colours are so gorgeous together! (I'm a big fan of colour!)
    Those trees and snowy hills finish it off perfectly. Such a clean design and very well executed! :D
    Thank you for joining in this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alli, this is gorgeous! I love all of your wonderful details. I will try to do a moon like this next time, but I am not a blending Queen like you are! LOL Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters. We have a new challenge starting tomorrow and hope you will join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Debbie, I sure will hunny hugs XoX

      Delete
  9. Just Wow on that night sky background you have created here. It is stunning.
    Thank you for joining the Cute N Crafty Christmas challenge.
    Monica C. DT Cute N Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful seasonal card, so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CASS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blending is just amazing. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank yo so much Dawn, its those brushes, hugs XoX

      Delete
  12. The coloring of your sky is so perfect. Question: What kind of spray bottle did you mix your COpic Marker and pearl? you can just message me or lehill@mtida.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I will, it was just on an acrylic block with diluted white copic and perfect pearls, splattered on with a thick brush off the acrylic block, hugs XoX

      Delete