Wednesday, July 10, 2019

New Watercolour paper...

Hi all,

Well, I thought I would try some more expensive watercolour paper, this one came in a pack of 10 cards with envelopes.. but I cut it down to make 20 Panels LOL..

I should really have tested this paper first before I dived in with my Zigs and my Prima watercolor confections - Decedant Pies, paints, as It didn't behave the way my Canson paper does...and I gave up a couple of times and then went back to it..

You see I wanted to join in with "The Flower Challenge" the theme this month is pastels.. I stamped my card in Ink on 3 Fade out and just one flower (the main one) in archival ink.



All the flowers and even the sentiment stamp are by Altenew, and after masking this little lot off and diving in with my paints, when I finished it, I didn't like it... I came back to it today and it looks a little better than what it did, but I think it's the lines in the paper that I don't like and the fact that I have left it loose, and washed out and not put more details into it, like I normally do ??... anyhow I added the gems & sequins and I'll enter it into the challenge...LOL



I shall be entering this into The Flower Challenge #34 Pretty Pastels
And maybe #SSSigchallenge if it's still watercoloring ?  I'm not sure if there's a new challenge or not LOL
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
XoX





6 comments:

  1. Hello Allison: I love your water colored flowers, the soft shades fit beautifully with THE FLOWER CHALLENGE "PASTELS" theme.
    Great masking and design, thank you so much for sharing with us and we hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these subtle colours together, another stunning creation Alli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Therese, you are too kind my friend hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. That's what I don't like about watercolor paper too. The grid. I've recently bought Bristol smooth, because it should work easier with Arteza markers. it's super smooth, a lot like Neenah. But I still love this. It's super pretty with the soft colors! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yes, I use bristol with my Zigs, but my "real" paints don't like bristol, I do like canson though, sticking to that one LOL hugs XoX

      Delete