Thursday, May 30, 2019

Altenew - AECP - Level 2 - With a Twist

Hi all,  I'm back today with another two cards, for my AECP level 2, this was such a fun class, six lessons  hosted by Therese Calvird.

With a Twist, is all about having fun with your supplies, getting more out of them, cutting on a weird angle and maybe stepping out of you're comfort zone!

So my first card is based upon the idea of getting more out of your supplies...you know the ones that we only use now and again......

I'm using the Altenew Shattered triangle for my first card...


So other than using this set for a masculine card... I've not really used it that much...until now..from now on this set has been re-purposed.. its now a conical wall hanging basket...Yes you read that right...its a wall hanging basket, full of green foliage and flowers!.. lets take a look at the card...


I've used the Doodle Blooms stamp and die set for my flowers and foliage, and coloured them with Altenew Alcohol Markers, in just three colours G702, R403 and Y204 .. I've even shaped the baskets by adding two pieces of foam tape in the middle and one piece on either side of the basket.. so it looks 3D..


I also added some brown sisal, to look like moss...I didn't want my flowers to dry out now did I LOL.


OK, so lets have a look at my second card... the twist with this one is that  I've fussy cut it on a angle... and to get that angle right, I've draw in a diagonal pencil line from top right to bottom left.. 


Yep...it looks like a hot mess... I know... but just wait....till you see...


Now doesn't that look pretty!

Sets used are :-

Wallpaper Art
Beautiful Peony
Peony Bouquet
Beautiful Day
Many thanks


I've coloured this one with Zig markers as I stamped it on to Bristol Smooth card stock and Bristol smooth will tolerate a small amount of water...


As you can see I've fussy cut the image..

Now I didn't want to waste the rest of the paper, so I distress ink blended it with Tattered Rose and Antique linen.. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle.  I've mounted this on not one but two pieces of fun foam... I really wanted it to stand out and give it some dimension, and I've added some water droplets..the inspiration for the water droplets...came from outside as it's been pouring down where I live...LOL.  The thank you sentiment was too large so I had to stamp the "thank" and mask off the "you" and then position the you underneath and then mask off the "thank" bit..




Hope I've given you inspiration to re-purpose some of those crafting supplies, or to take this class!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Alli
XoX 


PSSSTTTT...look at this below....its new... They are not affiliated links but I do hope this helps... 



Peony Bouquet
Peony Bouquet
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Many Thanks
Many Thanks
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Bristol Smooth
Bristol Smooth
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Zig Clean Color
Zig Clean Color
Shop at:
SSS | AAU
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Studio Katia Clear Round Drop Mix
Studio Katia Clear Round Drop Mix
Shop at:
SSS
Doodle Blooms
Doodle Blooms
Shop at:
ALT
Shattered Triangle Die
Shattered Triangle Die
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Artist Marker Starter Set
Artist Marker Starter Set
Shop at:
ALT
Wallpaper Art
Wallpaper Art
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Beautiful Peony
Beautiful Peony
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Fun Foam
Fun Foam
Shop at:
SSS

10 comments:

  1. two beauties Alli, the first will make me look at my dies again and the colours in the second are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meg, I aim to inspire LOL hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had some fun with this class Alli, I am really impressed with your idea to make the triangles into hanging baskets, you were the first to think of this I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, loved you're class Therese, WOW I am... they look so much better as hanging baskets LOL, hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. How very clever! Really love those hanging baskets! 😍 Beautiful cards as always 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! Lovely hanging baskets. Gorgeous coloured flowers on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Vicki, I do prefer them as hanging baskets LOL, hugs XoX

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful way to use those shattered triangle dies!! Very clever! Love the idea and what an awesome twist! Well done!
    Your second card is beautiful as well. I like that you fussy cut the stamped piece and mounted it. Does make it look more interesting.
    Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Wonderfully done! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete