Friday, May 3, 2019

Altenew - For the Guys

My last AECP class for today was all about Masculine cards... I know some people struggle with this...especially if they don't know the recipient...are they in to sports? gaming ?fishing???

After watching all the video's in today's lesson I had a few ideas, and I would recommend that you take this class if you struggle with masculine cards.

I actually needed a card for next week for a teenage boy, he is in to gaming, but I didn't have an Altenew gaming stamp set and I'm sure he really wouldn't appreciate a flower one...haha

I knew that somewhere in my stash of ever expanding craft supplies that I had the Altenew shattered triangle die set...after hunting it down I played with different ideas and I finally came up with this..



I die cut the triangles from off cuts of white card stock and put them aside, while I concentrated on the background.

In a previous lesson, I recalled a Bokeh background, I set to work to try and create a rough inked background using 4 colours, I knew that it didn't have to be a perfect blend as I was going to go over it with white distress ink circles (the Bokeh part). The trick to Bokeh is to make sure your circles vary in size and some overlap..and to keep checking on what you've created by lifting up your template.
I have in the past made my own template from a piece of acetate and different size circle dies and punches. (Altenew do have a stamp and bubble stencil that will work too)

It worked and the rough blends had now dissapeared into a lovely Bokeh background.

Now remember this card is for a boy and sequins are a no no...but a strip of silver glitter paper screams birthday/celebration/party to me! I'd cut a small strip off the Bokeh background and glued it down and I left a really narrow gap in between the silver glitter paper and the other part of the background.

All that was left was to glue the shattered triangles down and make a banner sentiment, this was from the Dotted Blooms stamp set, I've heat embossed it on to some scrap card stock that co-ordinated with the rest of the card.

I liked this card so much, I've decided to enter it into the Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday Challenge



Well that's it from me, thanks for popping in to see me, Hope you have a lovely weekend, and I'll catch you next week!

Hugs
Alli
XoX

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME masculine card! Love your use of element and silver stripe! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Everything about this rocks.
    Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete