Thursday, May 2, 2019

Altenew - All About Layering 2: Altenew AECP

So I'm back again today, sharing my completed card for the second lesson on level one, All about layering 2, this is also a freebie lesson that anyone can do, and I would really encourage you to try the free lessons first and especially if you haven't played with the layered stamp sets,  there are quite a few videos to watch and homework to practice on how to align these type of stamp sets.  I learnt that sometimes aligning a bigger stamp it not easy as you think..but even if you are slightly out they are forgiving.

For my card I chose a stamp set that was featured in one of the videos, It's a gorgeous stamp set and it layers beautifully! My whole card including the sentiment was from this set it's called Beautiful day.

I decided that I wanted this card to be just two colour family's, Warm Gray and Red Sunset.

I started by stamping the solid image of the flower in the middle of the paper, this gave me a starting point to work my other stamps around it, and I knew that I was going to re stamp the flower image and fussy cut it out so it wouldn't matter that I overlapped the images too much.

I started with the lightest Gray Morning Frost, and stamped one of the images at opposite corners to the other, I then moved on to the next image and stamped this in the next colour Evening Gray, and then the final image and the next colour Moon Rock.






I decided that I wanted these images to be nearly solid, so I matched them to the French Grey Prismacolor pencils and shaded them ever so lightly.





I re stamped the layering flower in the Red Sunset inks, and stamped the leaves in the Warm Gray inks and fussy cut them out and arranged them on the card with some foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped in Lava Rock ink and added with foam tape and a few sequins later, my card was completed.

Here's my card




What I've learnt from taking this class is that sometimes, you don't have to use all the colours that are in the colour families, that you can mix and match and get really different results!

Thanks for popping in to see me, and I hope you give this card a try yourself!
Hugs
Alli
XoX

4 comments:

  1. Love the composition and the subtle stamping in the background! Overall, it is a very eye-pleasing design. It will great if you can mention what you learn or inspired from the course. I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Virginia, I've added more details, thanks Alli XoX

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card!! Woruld love to see more photos!! :)
    I am so glad that you entered your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Thank you for sharing your creative process! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erum, I'll remember to take more photos Hugs XoX

      Delete