Thursday, May 2, 2019

Altenew - All About Layering 1: Altenew AECP

I'm so excited I just had to share.....

I have received an email this morning from Altenew that

I've been accepted  on to the Altenew Educator Certification Program - Group 11 (AECP)



I've just started the academy and the very first lesson is all about layering.  I've been using Altenew stamps for a while now, and layering is something I don't do very often, as I love to colour and watercolour as you know, but I needed to create a layered image for a card for lesson 1, here's what I created.



I decided  to use the new stamp set, A study in watercolor and Vintage Roses for my card.

I started by stamping one of the smaller stamps from the watercolor set in a wreath shape using Sand Dunes ink, once this was complete I sprayed this with antique gold ink spray.

The roses are from the Vintage Roses set, and oh boy there are a lot of stamps in that layering set, but the stamps are clustered together so you know which ones to use.

I decided that I wanted my roses to be in Autumn colours, so I went with the set called Pocket full of sunshine for the larger rose and the smaller ones I used Mango smoothie and the Warm and cozy set.  Once you know how to layer these they look amazing when complete, and the set is quite forgiving if you are slightly out with lining them up.



The sentiment was stamped in dark chocolate ink and it's from the A study in watercolor, I popped up the sentiment and the larger rose with foam tape and added a few sequins, because you know I love my sequins!!!

Hope you liked the card and look out for more cards made with fabulous Altenew products!

Hugs
Alli
XoX

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, what wonderful news! I know you will have a blast and if this card is just the start, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Theresa, and thank for all your encouragement and help! hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. So soft and beautiful! Love the subtle stamping in the background and the added embellishments are fabulous! It would be awesome to see the lovely layered roses up close! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, I've added a close up photo of those roses thanks Alli XoX

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Looks like you are having fun with the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the classes are so much fun! hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Such a pretty card. I love the colours you used. Can you please increase the size of your photos on the blog, there is an option for that. It save us some time, right now I have to click it and open in a new tab to look at all the details. And another thing is to add a few more project photos, perhaps those taken at different angles or even closeups.
    Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erum, I can do that, hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! We are in the same AECP batch and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thank you. I'll have to have a look out for yours too 😊 hugs XoX

      Delete