Monday, May 27, 2019

Altenew - AECP - Level 2 - Creative, Watercolour Media

Oh my...where do I start, this has to be one of my favourite classes so far!...
It was taught by the lovely, Jennifer Rzasa, Debby Hughes and Laura Bassen.

Now you all know that I love to water colour with paints, but you don't need watercolour paints to achieve the watercolour look!

I would really recommend anyone to take this class, it has lots of inspiration and tricks... so much so that I couldn't just do one card for this class...I had to do four, and they are all different, and made using different techniques, from what I learnt in class!

 I'll start off with my favourite card out of the four...


Firstly, I stamped the images using a water resistant ink, I wanted to be able to see the black lines for this card. I masked off my images (I have gone over this in a previous post) until I had a cluster of flowers that I was happy with.

I've smooshed the ink pad on to my glass surface, added a drop of water and mixed it with my paint brush, and I've started with the lightest brown ink Sand Dune, to create my background shadows, I like to start with the lightest and build up the colour, just as you would doing any normal colouring. 


After all my ink smooshing and painting, I've ended up with this... just a few ink splatters needed!




And this card has been created using these ink pads, which is fabulous when you don't have some of these colours in the watercolour pan set, it gives you so many options!







Ok on too my next card...a close second ....





This one was fairly easy, I started by stamping my three flowers with Tattered Rose distress ink, as I wanted a no line look for this one.  Distress ink, reacts with water and it helps to actually colour the image too!


I fussy cut the flowers as I didn't want a border round them and I arranged them on my background so I knew where I needed to stamp the leaves..

No I'm not drawing smiley faces, but a line so I know where my leaves have to go LOL


I've also stamped the leaves in distress ink too, so I can blend it out with water... The background is a mix of distress ink and white gouache, it gives it chalky/faded look. All that was left was to paint a grey shadow border and foam mount the flowers and add sequins!



My third card is a water coloured panel on which I have heat embossed a background and then reactivated the paint by adding a darker colour on top.


And for my last card, I've water coloured through a stencil, and then smooshed some ink on to acetate with some gold shimmer for the gardenia flower.


And here's all of the cards I created with the inspiration from today's class!


Hope you liked the cards and I hope that I've encouraged you to either take the class or have a go at one of these techniques!

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Alli
XoX
















14 comments:

  1. beatiful work, love the soft hues and the fab tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply awesome cards. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are stunning. I'm not very confident with watercolour. You make it look so good. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Dawn, its just practice and a lot of wasted paper lol hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. Love Love love all your cards! Wonderful coloring !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous cards there Allison!! Beautiful work, keep it up!
    Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking with this course! The water-coloring details are awesome! I love that you used the Altenew Ink for this purpose and created these beautiful renditions. Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete