Monday, May 20, 2019

Altenew - Level 2 - Masking Unleashed

So firstly, I passed level 1 of my AECP and I'm on to level 2 .... YAY

My first lesson on level 2 was Masking Unleashed... Now I really haven't done that much masking in my time as a papercrafter... possibly because it was hard to come by masking items, ie the full sticky post it note pad or the sheets of masking paper & fluid..

Well now that I found some, my confidence is improving.  The very first masking project I made was the card I entered in to the AECP program, and now when I look back at it... I can see where I could have improved on it...

Now I loved taking this course, and I have learned lots, If you avoid masking then I would encourage you to take this course! Not only will you learn about an array of masking products available to use, but you will learn about planning and placement too!

Ok, so on to my card...



And now I'll show you how I achieved this ..


As I was using water colour paper, I used my stamp position-er I find it best to use one of these on water colour card stock as you need to stamp a few times to get a good clean image.
Second step is to stamp on to your masking material, I'm using full adhesive post it notes here.  I try to cut as close to the stamped image as possible so that my next stamped image doesn't leave a gap next to the first stamped image. (If it does don't worry, you can always do a continuance of the stamped line)


I have carried on stamping and masking, until I have what I like, and don't forget those masks can always be used for checking placement too!


When I have stamped and masked everything, I move on to water colouring ...as you know I love to water colour, and for this I have used the Altenew 36 pan set.  Once I've finished and let it dry, I can move on to cutting it out...I wanted this card to be off the page and the background to be soft with the darkest point of the background being towards the top right of the card...
I've used Distress Oxide ink in Antique linen to achieve this look with a few splatters of Gold, White and Black paint combined with and a few studio Katia crystals.

Hope you like my creation and here's a few more photos!




Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Alli
XoX

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges too ...

  1. Challenge #174 - Addicted to stamps... - Edited I got top 3 - YAY
  2. Dare 2BArtzy - May Challenge - Flowers
  3. Penny Black and More - More Feminine Creations
  4. Crafty Calendar Challenge - Distress it
  5. Happy Little Stampers - Watercolour Challenge
  6. Stamping Sensations - In an English Country Garden - Edited I got top 3 - YAY
  7. Word Art Wednesday #388-#389
  8. Create a smile - Masking










22 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! Your card design and colouring are both brilliant Alli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPERB masking! Love that you created a large floral piece and then fussy-cut it! I also love the way you inked up the background! The splatter are awesome! GREAT job on your Level 2 assignment! I am glad that you pushed yourself to create your very polished work. Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card!! I love that you masked and then chose to fussy cut it out! Totally takes the card to a next level. Well done. I really like the background too and also the colours you chose.
    Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful floral creation and perfect for our 'Feminine' theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in. It would also fit in a treat at Stamping Sensations challenge!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, I shall pop on over and take a look hugs XoX

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up Allison, sure some the team will be along to take a look.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so gorgeous! Perfect masking and a stunning arrangement of the flowers, which are beautifully coloured, with a lovely soft background. I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us for our English Garden challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing AECP level 1!!woohoo!love this card and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Alli. Lovely layers and textures on these beautiful flowers. Thanks SO much for sharing your wonderful art in our challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card. I love your colors. Excellent watercolor technique.
    Thank you for joining our challenge HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love how you masked and then fussy cut. Thanks for joining in our 'Distress It' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I really like this one too!, Hugs XoX

      Delete
  11. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great and gorgeous entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete