Sunday, May 5, 2019

Altenew - Irresistible Inking Techniques

My last lesson for level one of my AECP class, was inking techniques...

Let me just say that this isn't the perfect card, but I've learned a few things in this class, Ink doesn't have to be just one colour or solid images of colour... and a card can incorporate a few different techniques, which is what I've done with mine.

This is just a fun card with blasts of colour and bursts of gold shimmer...


The background is alcohol inks with gold mixed in.

The clustered leaves have been stamped in various shades with some ombre stamping this was achieved by first stamping out the outline image, and then stamping the whole image in my first lightest colour.



I've stamped the remainder of the image in two goes, sectioning off the the leaves I wanted in the middle colour. (please see above).


And finally stamping the deepest colour (above) gives you the result of an ombre image.


The flower  (from the Wallpaper Art set) was ink smooshed with gold metallic spray and ink on water colour paper.. there are about five different colours on the flower which was dried using a heat tool in between each application of smoosh LOL.  If you have never tried this and please do, every result is so different.

To ink smoosh you will need a piece of acetate, or even the plastic off the back of the stamp will work.  Tap the ink pad on to the acetate, add some metallic spray if you want a shimmer to it, spritz with some water and lets get inky!


 Turn the acetate over and smoosh it on to you're image. Use a heat gun to dry each application this will avoid an inky muddy coloured mess!




The circle of gold was the left over circle from my Scene card, I'm trying to use up those scraps LOL.

All that was left was to fussy cut and die cut the images and assemble, yes you guessed it with foam tape and add some sequins!  The sentiment ( from the Clustered Leaves set ) was stamped in Jet black ink on some of the left over water coloured card stock that had been ink smooshed.

I've really enjoyed these video lessons, and my advice is jump in and take a lesson or three, you'll have so much fun and learn new techniques and re-visit old ones you had forgot all about! most of all is have fun!



Some close ups of all that gold shimmer!








Thanks for being here with me through my level 1 journey!
Hugs
Alli
XoX

2 comments:

  1. I love the addition of gold and your ombre stamping is so clever. The background is gorgeous too. Maybe a little difference in shade between the images and the background would have really drawn focus to the images.
    Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, Alcohol inks are so unpredictable, and I don't have all the Altenew inks yet, hugs XoX

      Delete