Friday, May 3, 2019

Altenew - Clean and Simple Boutique Cards

My third lesson for the AECP, requires me to make a clean and simple card...

My cards are not normally clean or simple...What I learnt was that not every card has to coloured or embellished to make an impact, some of the more subtle ones, can still pack a punch!

To get this card just right I had to make a few practice pieces and a lot of oh my's I came up with this card.



The set's used were Build a flower - Gardenia and Beautiful Day for the leaves, I'll explain why I couldn't use the leaves out of the Gardenia set later..

First thing to do was to stamp the Gardenia in Versamark ink and heat emboss it in gold, top tip for this is to use a powder on your cards stock first that way you don't get embossing powder where you don't want it, I use the EK one or use an embossing buddy and second tip is to let the heat gun heat up a little and start off by heating the image from the back, this stops the embossing powder flying away, then heat the front this also helps to stop your cardstock from warping from the heat.

I die cut the image using the co-ordinating dies. To help with the positioning of the the leaves, I placed the gardenia on top of the paper and then placed the leaf stamp where I thought it looked best.  Now I couldn't use the leaf in the Gardenia set as this set only has a solid and a detailed stamp and I needed a stamp with an outline image and then a layering image.

I stamped the layering leaf image in Sand Dune ink and then the outline image of the leaf, I lined up over but just off set slightly and stamped this in Versamark ink and heat embossed in gold. Before I went any further I sprayed some of the Altenew Antique Gold ink spray for splatters.

The placement looked great but for me there was too much white space at the bottom of the card, so I decided to use some of the Altenew Golden Edge Washi, for two small lines, in order to get these straight I use my Glass Media Mat, like this below :-


I attached the gardenia and opted for the sentiment from the Gardenia set,  and stamped this directly on too the card using Jet black ink, to make sure the sentiment is straight I lined it up on my glass media mat like this 

I matted the card using some gold paper I had in my stash and added some sequins and that is how I completed this clean and simple card!

Thanks for popping in to see me.
Hugs
Alli
XoX

4 comments:

  1. Delightful card, Allison! I would love to know what you were inspired or learned from the course and please do share. These reflections are what make the courses invaluable to your learning. I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Virginia, I've added more to my blog thanks Alli XoX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Have you tried this card without the gold matting? I think that will make the focal image and the beautiful gold strips at the bottom really pop. This is a gorgeous creation nonetheless :)
    I am so glad that you entered your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Thank you for sharing your creative process! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erum, yes I did but I thought it just needed to stand out a little more lol, hugs Alli XoX

    ReplyDelete