Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Colouring the fine details...

SO this card I'm sharing with you today, has been coloured using copics, but I've added some fine details with Polychromos Pencils, I like using Polychromos for fine details as they sharpen to a very nice point and they are a little harder than my Prisma pencils..

I find that Prisma pencils are waxy which makes them blend easier, I find that you can do lots of layers with these to create a softer look.

I've also done a faux water coloring look around the edge of the stamped image and then gone over it with distress inks..


The image is from the Altenew set - Beautiful Peony and it has been stamped and masked off to achieve this look, its also just one layer no foam tape (yes I know I love my foam tape LOL)

By using Copics and Pencils, you can add in those really fine details too. Leaving some white on the flowers gives the impression of the sunlight hitting the petals, and a shadow around the image gives the impression of depth.


And don't be afraid of adding some darker colours too, because without dark there is no light... I've also popped a small amount of blue/green to my leaves to give them some depth too.






This card has just 3 main colours, Red, Green and Yellow... which makes it perfect for a challenge I'm entering into, over on Make My Monday - Challenge #96 - Yellow, Red & Green.
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges too 
  1. Watercooler Wednesday Challenge 222 - All about Occasions - Edited I got a top Rocker YAY
  2. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #342 - Make your Mark - Edited I got Honorable Addict 
  3. Crafting by Designs - May Anything Goes



 Hope you like this card and feel more confident about adding those fine details!

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Alli
XoX







18 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Lovely coloring!

    Thank you for leaving love at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you are more than welcome! thanks for stopping by here too, hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Stunning card, beautiful colours and sentiment, thank you for joining in at MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think adding detail with pencils can really add a wow factor to a coloured design that doesn't feel just quite right. Thanks for some more amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card, amazing colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. I have replied to your email, thanks for contacting me. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL job of coloring your flowers, Alli!!! The faux watercoloring around them really helps make them stand out even more! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I agree I love creating a shadow to help flat images stand out LOL, Hugs XoX

      Delete
  6. Your peony card is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely stunning card, Alli! I love the use of pencil to add that extra detail to the coloured image! Thanks so much for sharing your helpful hints! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous ! Your colouring is totally stunning. You succeeded to give such a beautiful dimension. Really striking card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete