Saturday, May 4, 2019

Altenew - Let it Shine

I had some unexpected free time this morning, so I thought I would continue with my journey for my AECP.

Today's video lessons, was by Carrisa Wiley, it was all about adding shine to your cards, and as you know I love me some splatters and sequins, cards aren't cards until they include some sparkle.. I learnt that adding an odd number of sequins is more pleasing on the eye than an even number..

I had lots of ideas after watching the videos, for things I don't normally use, you know those craft supplies that hide in the back of the draw... well today I got round to using them... OK if I'm honest I TRIED to use them and got myself in a big flaky mess! I'll post the photo...I ended up not using this as I really didn't like what I'd done LOL..




Anyway back to my card process, I first started out using the Classy Stripes Stencil by Altenew.  I went with the coral colour of Nuvo mousse, I tried to use the pallet knife, but my mousse was a little dry, so I used a make up sponge, which worked quite well!


I stamped out two images from my favourite set ATM, Wallpaper Art, I used Jet black ink for the flower and Sand Dune for the leafs, I added gold Wink of Stella to the parts of the leafs you would see, but they needed grounding, they looked like they were floating in mid air, so I decided to cut an oval frame from some gold mirror card stock, and add 2 strips of the golden washi tape in between the lines.


Next I moved on to my flower, I coloured it with some copic markers, YR12, 14 &18 and added some Wink of Stella clear sparkle to the petals, a drop of nuvo glitter drops to the centre and my flower was complete.



Some gold metallic thread added to the back of the flower, and I was happy...now to put it all together with some foam tape and just the right shade of sequins and a sentiment from the Vintage Roses set as this looked like an anniversary card to me!





I've taken another photo to see if I could capture all the glittery shininess of the card!



I loved this card so much, that I thought I would enter it into the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp - Add something metallic.



Thanks for popping in to see me.
Hugs
Alli
XoX 

4 comments:

  1. Totally love the shine and details! the colors and design are so pleasing to the eyes, Alli!! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. I love your write-up and descriptions! Please keep up with your excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding more photos to your post. The card turned out wonderful. The shone is just the perfect amount.
    The colours are gorgeous too!
    Thank you for entering your amazing work in the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete