Saturday, May 4, 2019

Altenew - Celebration Stencil Techniques

I'm on a roll today, I've taken another class for my AECP, this one was all about Stencil Techniques.

I must admit, I am quite new to stencilling, I've always used a patterned paper behind my images... but now I've started to use them, I'm always looking for different ways to use them.

This class was fabulous for those of us who don't use them very often.. I learnt that sometimes placing a stencil in a different way or just using part of the stencil makes a very big impact on the card, or by using different products you can get a whole new look to the card like embossing paste and coloured embossing paste.

I'd received some new inks and stencils in the mail the other day along with the new water colour pan set and I wanted to play, this class was the ideal opportunity for me to do just this!

I started by Using the Watercolour stripes stencil,  and not sure if you remember that tip I gave in a previous post? well secure the stencil on the back of the paper with painters tape, that way it won't ruin the front of  the card when you remove it!




I created an Ombre look by starting with my lightest colour in the Coffee Break inks and ending at the bottom of the stencil with the darkest colour.



I made a frame by using 2 rectangle dies placed together, the cardstock wasn't quite dark enough, so I used my blending brush to darken it with the Dark Chocolate ink.

I used the Weekend Doodles stamp set and stamped out the largest flower image on to water colour paper, and water coloured it with Paper Bag and Lagoon.

I stamped out the wreath image on normal 80lb paper in rocky shore, it needed some colour so I put some of the ink from Rocky Shore onto a stamp block and used my water brush to add a little of the colour to the leaves, I didn't want the wreath image whole so I chopped it into 3 and arranged it on the card with some sisal and sequins.

The sentiment was from the same stamp set but stamped in a darker ink - Dark Chocolate, from the Four Scoops collection of inks.

Here's my finished project, I just love the colour combo of browns and teals together!




Thanks for popping in to see me!

Hugs
Alli
XoX

6 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card. Love the subtle use of the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I do Love this stencil. hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Love how you used the brown and ink-blending in this! FABULOUS gradient and frame! This design is soothing and oh. so . sophisticated! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, I love using ink and stencils, now I have that brush LOL, Hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous ink blending! I also love how you arranged the floral images. Top job! Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete