Sunday, May 5, 2019

Altenew - Season Scene Building

Another of my classes was Season Scene Building for my AECP.  This class was run by Nichol Magourik.  You learn how to build a scene and tips and tricks to use on your cards. How to create a focal point, or a window to the scene, this is the technique I ended up making.

I opted for a scene that captured the essence of a cloudy day and the blossom falling from the trees, to me this meant that even on the worse days, when things are going wrong, I'm here for you.

This is my card, and I'll explain how I made it..




I choose the Dotted bloom stamp set for my scene, the main flower image not only works vertically but horizontally too.  This was stamped coming in from the left hand side of the paper so that the flower image was in the middle of the paper. I stamped it in Rocky shore ink. 


I wanted the image to also have a low branch, this was achieved by cleaning off the stamp and positioning where I thought another branch would hang.


I masked off were I didn't want any ink to be.  I placed a post it note over the main image and a piece of post it note on the stamp while I was inking it up, and I made sure to remove this prior to stamping!


This is what I achieved, I think its wonderful that you can create different images from just one stamp, Please click here to see a prior post on using the mirroring technique 

The background was created by using two of the lightest inks from the rock collection to create the cloudy sky. I masked off my image to prevent the cloud ink from transferring on to my flower image.

After the cloud background was dry I coloured the flower image in Rose Quartz ink, but the detail lines in the flower were still in the Rocky Shore ink, I really wasn't happy with this and nearly gave up and started again... But I pulled out my  Prismacolor pencils, and choose a couple of pink colours and a darker brown pencil to add some shading on the flowers and on the branches. Ok so this now didn't look that bad and I was a little bit happier..

I decided that I wanted to create a window scene, looking out on to my stormy clouds, so I cut another piece of card 4.25 by 5.5 and die cut a circle for my window, I then layered a piece of acetate over the circle.

I didn't want the front of my card to be plain white, so I found a piece of designer paper that was in similar colours to my flower, and die cut the same size circle out of it, I attached this to the front of my white window panel.

It still looked plain...  but I had a piece of the mirror card stock that was left over from a previous card, so I thought I would cut a frame, this was done by using a smaller circle and the previous sized one I had used before.



I attached my frame using liquid glue, my panel was complete, but my scene wasn't... I wanted the card to show the blossom falling from the tree, so I thought I could make it in to a shaker card and find something in my stash that resembled blossom.. I had some iridescent flakes and some glitter this would work!



Three layers if foam tape attached to the back of my window, and the little pile of blossom flakes and glitter sat on top  of my flower, all I needed to do was attach it all and make the sentiment.

The sentiment also comes from the same stamp set and it's perfect for my scene card, I stamped it out onto a scrap of the pink paper with Jet Black ink and mounted this on to a scrap piece of the gold foil with some foam tape, operation Scene Card complete!



Hope you liked the card and I'll be back soon sharing another AECP project!
And don't forget to sign up for the class to get all the tips and tricks for you're scene cards too!

I loved this card so much That I'm going to enter it into Cas Game #139 - Sketch + Optional Twist Shaker


Hugs
Alli
XoX


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your pretty blossom and shaker colours and what a fab use of the sketch. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I will definitely try too hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous design all around! Love the color combo and use of foil card stock! Your masking is very nicely done! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done! ps: please pay attention to each photo size. The key is to keep them in the same size, so the photos are engaging and will help the readers appreciate your work in a visually-pleasing way! I am amazed how much you had achieved since you just stated blogging! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Virginia, I will go back and change the size of the close up photo, thanks for the feedback, Hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done! The masking looks amazing!
    Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a pretty shaker card! Love all the little details! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete