Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Mirror Image Technique....

Hi, thanks for popping in to see me, today I wanted to chat about the "Mirror Image Technique"...

Yes it's been around for a while but not many people use it, it brings a whole new use to those stamps..

This is the card I created using this technique..

I'm also entering this card into the Rainbow Challenge - Perfectly Pink, Click on the link to take a look and enter too!



Now on to the tutorial.

You will need something called a Mirror Image stamp, a few companies sells these, I bought mine from MFT (My Favourite Things). It looks like a solid piece of Photopolymer ..and don't forget to prep it like you would normally for a solid stamp using an eraser. (this helps the ink to stick to the stamp)


Now it all starts out the same, you decide what paper and what medium you are going to use... I decided on watercolours and yes its slightly harder to stamp onto water colour paper but it's not impossible...

I do find a Stamp positioner tool"very handy for this... you stamp your first image on the paper as you normally would,


Then place the mirror image stamp on top of the paper.



Stamp again until you have a a good image on your stamp, you may need to repeat this a couple of times so you get a good clear image.



I like to pick the image stamp up, and place it on top of the paper where you want the image to be mirrored, close the lid and press, this should then stamp the mirror image on the paper.



That's all there is to it!

Hope you try this technique, post it to social media and tag me in so I can see your wonderful creations!
Hugs
Alli
XoX

6 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing Alli and so is your new look blog, Big Congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for all your help, its greatly appreciated! hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. You ROCKED this technique! What a gorgeous card--the texture from the coloring is amazing! Such a stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at TRCC! Hope to see you again SOON! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever! Bravo to you for your creative use of the mirror image technique. I will definitely be giving this a try in the near future. Beautiful card. So glad you joined us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Ann, always good to get extra uses out of those craft supplies hugs XoX

      Delete