Friday, April 12, 2019

Happy Friday!

Helloooo and happy Friday to you all!

So I've been playing with my new favourite set "Wallpaper Art" again... I just love this set so much, the flowers are so lovely and easy to colour...

This is the card I made


So for this one, I started out by stencilling the background in distress oxide inks, (antique linen, tattered rose and abandoned coral) with the Elegant Swirls stencil from Altenew.

Top tip, if you are stencilling and you don't want it to move secure it with some blue painters tape, but put the tape on the back of the card stock so the stencil sticks, I learnt the hard way and my beautiful background ripped off as I removed the tape...

I stamped out the flowers and leaf with hybrid ink on water colour paper using my stamp platform. Today I used my set of Gansai Tambi water colours in shades, 31 - Scarlet Red and 33 - Orange for the flowers and shades 50 - Aqua and 57 -Turquoise Green for the leaf.

After it dried I popped it up on foam tape added sisal and sequins, nuvo drops in ebony black for the middle of the flower. 

The sentiment is from the the versatile vases set, I've stamped it with versamark ink and embossed it with Hero arts -white detail embossing powder using my Wagner heat gun.  If you're having trouble finding this heat gun in Australia, I bought mine from Bev Cross Crafts.

I've also added some nuvo glitter gloss to the leaves to add a tiny bit of sparkle, because you've got to have a bit of sparkle right!

Hope you like my creation!

And I'm going to enter this one into the following challenges:-




Hugs
Alli
XoX





10 comments:

  1. WOW just beautiful Alli! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Watercolor’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog and I am going to follow you. I like the beautiful coloring and the cards you made!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lia I really appreciate that you are following hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Great tip about the tape and stencil, sometimes we learn painful lessons! ;) I adore your soft beautiful water colored background, it's such a pretty design! Those florals look AHmazing!!! Simply gorgeous! Great colors all over! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Water Color Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting that stencil tip, thanks for a great reminder... now I just need to get playing! ps and I agree, my new fave flower from Altenew too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... those flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and lovely use of the stencil for the background. A really stand out card! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete