Thursday, April 25, 2019

Wallpaper art

I know from the title you would think I was talking about wallpaper that you put on walls haha...but no...this is a Stamp set by Altenew... it is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine!  The flowers are are so gorgeous to colour!


This is my card made with this set, I wanted to water colour the images so I stamped them out using a water colour friendly ink, and coloured them with my Zig clean colour brush markers.

The background is an ombre effect of distress oxides inks, blended with a make up brush, similar to the Picket Fence ones,  I find this brush really does change how you can blend inks!
I used Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and final colour was Broken China.

Of course no card is complete without a few splatters this time using the Silver/White (906) metallic colour from the Kuretake - Starry Colors.

All that was left to do was to mount the flower and leaves using foam tape and add some sisal and sequins!

I'm sorry I've been quiet this week, my husband has taken a few days off and we've been trying to create a garden from scratch... We had a house built and moved in last September so the garden has been a blank canvas, we've just about completed the pond and designed what were doing with the rest of the space...its hard work LOL...

Anyways, I think I might enter this into the Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes Challenge



hope you liked my card, and thanks for popping in
Hugs
XoX

6 comments:

  1. super pretty, love the ombre effect!
    oooh I love gardening, especially when you get to start with a blank canvas, enjoy! Had to stop by when I spotted this on the Wednesday Challenge link up!

    https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Cheriese, thanks for popping over! Yes its hard work we have just completed the pond and planted all the fruit trees lol. I shall pop over to your blog too hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Alli! It's so elegant and so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete