Thursday, April 18, 2019

Alcohol inks and Yupo paper

Now who doesn't like getting messy.....I find alcohol inks (let's call these AI for short...) on Yupo paper so relaxing to work with...You don't have to be in control of anything not like when you water colour and have to wait for the layers to dry... Working with AI is so refreshing and you can just drop ink anywhere...and get such different results...

I like to make a few backgrounds and then play with what I'm going to put on them...

So here is my finished card..



The trick to AI is to stop when you think it looks good, believe me I've ruined a few backgrounds by over doing the ink and then having to wipe it off with Isolcol - Rubbing Alcohol.

I've paired this card with two Simon Says Stamp sets Spring Flowers and Even More Spring Flowers.

I coloured them with Zig markers on Quill Board 200GSM paper available at Officeworks here in Australia.

Added a die cut in silver foil (that I had in my stash) just to ground the flowers, the sentiment is a hot foil stamp (they actually look like dies but reversed) from Ultimate Crafts, that was hot foiled on my Go Press and Foil machine by Couture Creations with a purple foil also by Couture Creations. A few nuvo drops too look like purple water and that's it...

I'm going to enter this one into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Spring Mood Board


Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs
Alli
XoX


10 comments:

  1. Makes me want to get out my alcohol inks and play... sadly I am now working 7 days straight and then heading away camping for a few weeks, so no more crafty time for me at the moment... thank goodness for wine (and cups of tea) lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless you Theresa, don't work too hard, hope you can take something crafty with you camping and yes bring on the wine LOL hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Wow this is so vibrant I love it!! Spotted this on the SSS wed Challenge and had to stop by xx

    https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Cheriese, I'll make sure to pop over to see you're blog too! Hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. You're so welcome thank you hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! The colors are marvelous. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misty, love the SSS challenges, Hugs XoX

      Delete