Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Flowers....

So you know by now that I love flowers..... Well I also love making them too.. I wanted to enter into  the Flower Challenge #31 over on the The Flower Challenge Blogspot.

Now the design had to be this below


I decided that as I'd already water coloured flowers last week, I thought I would make them instead..

The sets I decided to use are Altenew and there are three of them...

The sentiment "Congratulations" is from the Persian Motifs set
The heat embossed flower is from the Christmas Rose stamp and die collection which was free from a magazine (Don't you just love that...)
And the other 2 flowers are from the build a Flower, Peony Blossom set

A few die cuts, that were from a Tim Holtz garden greens dies.

I needed to think about the colour scheme, I already had some scrap water coloured panels, so every thing else needed to tie in with these colours...( you always get bits that you never seem to use up...)

So I stamped the images out  and heat embossed on vellum with some copper embossing powder... and jeez did the get hot, but it did work, and I didn't burn or melt anything in the process... and I die cut these out with the coordinating dies .

But the peonies looked a bit lost by themselves, so I stamped the image again using Pink Pearl ink by Altenew on "Foamiran" if you've never worked with Foamiran its a bit like fun foam sheets, but a lot thinner, and I mean like 0.3mm thin... when you heat it with either and iron or a heat gun it decreases in size.. (I can see another tutorial on this at a later date...) and die cut these out and played with the heat gun and made them curl up. added some gems in the middle of the flowers.

Next I die cut a few of garden green dies by Tim Holtz on to some copper paper and played with the arrangement.

I stamped the sentiment using Pink Pearl ink by Altenew  die cut it out added a few sequins and the result is this...

Hope you liked this card!
Hugs
Alli
XoX


Edited, I received an honourable mention from this challenge YAY




6 comments:

  1. So very beautiful Alli, glad to see you were able to use a piece watercolour panel and coordinate everything so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa, yes sometimes all those bits can make a card lol hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Hello Alli and thank you for sharing this gorgeous card over at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE. The copper details on the leaves and flowers looks amazing and your Fomarian flowers are just perfect.
    Beautifully done, thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the colors and the copper detail! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see this amazing creation at The Flower Challenge Alli. Its a brilliant creation. Aileen Dt

    ReplyDelete