Thursday, April 11, 2019

Water colouring...

Water colouring is a new.... no old hobby revisited... lets put it that way...

If you've read the about me, you'll know that I've had a set since I was 10 years old...
Here's a photo of it... complete with the price tag...if only paints were that cheap now!


I occasionally use it, along with all the other paints I've bought over the years...
to name a few:-

  • Zig water colour brush markers
  • Prima watercolour confections
  • Gansai Tambi
  • Kuretake Starry and Pearl
  • Daniel Smith Dot card

Although I didn't buy the dot card, it was free with purchase from Jackson's in the UK..if you haven't checked them out yet, I would recommend you do, postage is cheaper than you think and bonus is we don't pay the VAT on products!

Any way so the card I'm sharing with you today is all water coloured, with the Daniel Smith dot card, I wanted to test them out and this was the first project!  I'm also entering this card in to four challenges today:-




(Please click on the links and go check these challenges out and why not enter them too...)

So this is my card...


The set is  called Beautiful day by Altenew.   

I've started by water colouring the flowers and yes those fine lines are all water coloured... next was the leaves, the background is just a a whole heap of pure hot mess... I must admit I do love the randomness of water colouring backgrounds like this..

And I just popped it up on foam tape that I got from Bunnings, its similar to the 3M brand but a lot cheaper!

A few splatters of paint and sequins,  and a heat embossed sentiment, and that is all there was too it!

I would love to know if I've inspired you to give water colouring ago, and if so tag me in so I can see what you've created!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Alli
XoX



EDITED, 

I was awarded a Top 3 placement over on the Double "D"Challenges - Watercolors Challenge YAY


I got a top pick at Inkspirational Challenge 184 also





12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Watercolor’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Darlene, and I sure will be back! hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Well This one caught my eye! It is amazing and I had to take a close look. I love your style and I have to say I am your new idol! Hope to see more of you at Double D Challenges.
    Barbar DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, that means such a lot, and yes I will be joining in a lot more challenges now that I have a blog and have found you! hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Alli, I actually got my first DS Dot card today and I am so excited to try it... now I just need is some time. Thanks for the share of your 'retro' wink paint set, goes to say they are an investment, so that means we can buy more cause they don't go to waste, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love you're thinking, I know I have my eye on the Altenew set of watercolours, and you'll love the DS dot card, and they have so much paint on them.. They are a big investment and its nice to try before you buy haha hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. HOW GORGEOUS IS THIS!!!! ;)SUCH WONDERFUL WORK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work of art Alli! You take watercoloring to a higher level and I love the way you popped those flowers up! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alli, your flowers are so pretty! Love your watercolor-style!

    Thanks for sharing thise beauty in our Uniko Challenge #52 (and sorry, I'm so late with my comment, but we had holiday-time from school here in Germany...)
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Wiebke, and no problem at all! Thank you for stopping by, hugs XoX

      Delete