Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Altenew - AECP - Level 2 - Beyond Basic Backgrounds

Hi all, I'm back today with another card for for AECP level 2 this one is all about backgrounds..

The lovely Lydia Evans, took this class, it was all about stepping up your backgrounds, now I learnt a few things in class, so if you are one of those crafters that just reaches for the patterned paper, then I would suggest you take a look at this course!

Sometimes the card's background can make the card, and all you need is a sentiment!

Now again I have made more than one card, just to give you all that extra bit of inspiration LOL (OK I couldn't decided on which one...I love them all!)

So first up, is a technique that you have probably already mastered, Emboss Resist...


I stamped the images in Versamark ink from the Persian Motifs set, and heat embossed them in Pearl embossing powder, then I've gone over the whole background with Distress oxide inks in, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye and Dried Marigold.  The Congrats die is from the Script Words set by Altenew, and that has been cut out of Pearl cardstock, and fun foam, much easier to glue these together as opposed to trying to cut tiny pieces of foam tape, a few splatters of gold paint and a couple of sequins and this card is ready to go!


So card number two is something I've never thought of doing.... it's called bleaching technique, but with water... So I've taken a piece of water colour cardstock as we're using a lot of water for this one.. and I've ink blended it up with Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries Distress ink. 

I've used my stamping platform and the Altenew set A Study In Watercolour and instead of stamping it with ink, I've stamped with water and as you are all know distress ink reacts with water, just like bleach!


 This is what I was left with after blotting up the water/ink puddle LOL..

I've paired this background with the Thank you die from the Flower Arrangement set, but I felt that something was missing so I traced round the bleached images with my Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Pen, and now I just loved it!


 And to finish it off a few droplets this time from Studio Katia.


My Last card is a Masculine card....Yes I hear you... I don't do many of those... but Father's day will be fast approaching and I thought I would kill two birds with one stone as they say...

So this is another technique that I haven't done before too! (see I told you, you would learn lots!)
For this one, I've taken the Mug die from the Best Dad set and marked and die cut it and made a stencil.


Now hang on to one of those mugs and the little piece that goes in the handle as we're going to need them!


We need it for that little space in the handle... So we don't ink the whole of the image! I've used Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink.

Next we'll stamp the image with the coordinating stamp and Versamark ink and black embossing powder to create the card, and finally stamp a sentiment, and mount it on white cardstock and our card is complete!

I'm entering this one into 
  1. Challenge #344 - CAS over on Addicted to Stamps and More 
  2. June challenge - Masculine - Crafty Calendar Challenge
  3. Challenge #175 Man or Boy - addicted to stamps
  4. Masculine - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge






 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked these cards, and that you'll take a look at the class over on the Altenew website!

Hugs
Alli
XoX





I think I'm getting the hang of this link tool... YAY


A Study in Watercolor
A Study in Watercolor
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Studio Katia Clear Round Drop Mix
Studio Katia Clear Round Drop Mix
Shop at:
SSS
Fun Foam
Fun Foam
Shop at:
SSS
Persian Motifs
Persian Motifs
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Script Word Die Set
Script Word Die Set
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Versamark Ink
Versamark Ink
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Pearl Embossing Powder
Pearl Embossing Powder
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Canson XL
Canson XL
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Ink Pad
Distress Ink Pad
Shop at:
SSS
Flower Arrangement Die Set
Flower Arrangement Die Set
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Sakura Stardust
Sakura Stardust
Shop at:
SSS
Best Dad
Best Dad
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Black Embossing Powder
Black Embossing Powder
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Oxide
Distress Oxide
Shop at:
SSS








16 comments:

  1. Three more amazing cards. Love the water/bleaching technique in the second one. Great effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki, I do love that one too hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Wow, you did learn a lot. I might have to try the bleaching with water thing. Your cards are all beautiful. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Dawn, Yes I'm going to try that one again too, hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Three beauties Alli, loved reading about each technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card! love all three cards Alli thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great techniques Allison and I particularly love the last masculine card for father's day. Sounds like a great class!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards looks fabulous.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely dreamy and gorgeous, Alli! Love your details and process of your work. Your lovely work is getting really well..., polished! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete