Saturday, June 8, 2019

Altenew - AECP - Level 2 - Impressive Heat Embossing

Hi all,

I'm back sharing another card for my AECP - this one was for the class called Impressive Heat Embossing with the lovely Svetlana Marchenko.  Six in-depth lessons of how to be more creative with those embossing powders!

Now if you are like me and you're embossing powders only ever sees daylight when you need to emboss a sentiment...then you need to take this course!

Now I only ever heat embossed sentiments...and why is that you ask... because I never thought to do any thing else with it... I have a draw full going back over 15 years of embossing powders in a multitude of colours...but which ones do I always reach for the... white...for sentiments.  Well I tell you, never again..that embossing powder is going to be used so much now, because of what I learnt in class! .

So we all know that Altenew do gorgeous layering flower stamps, but I had never thought of layering the embossing powder... but  I have learnt so much but I'm going to highlight one of the classes from the course, called triple heat embossing!

So I had to have a practice run, and I was a little ambitious, I had just received my happy mail finally from the USA and I wanted to play..So this was my first experiment at ever doing triple heat embossing and on Vellum too! Yes I don't like to make things easy do I....


OK, I love the flower, I loved the copper and the peach, but I wasn't keen on the yellow or the black!
Back to the drawing board...


So the set that I am playing with is Build a Flower - Anemone (I do love these build a flower sets, they are such good value!)


So I stamped the outline image in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Copper embossing powder.
Then I stamped the second image and heat embossed that with the Peach embossing powder.
And finally the middle of the flower with Enchanted Gold embossing powder.
OK, I loved this... now on too making the card!

I wanted the rest of the card to be simple, I didn't want to take anything away from the flowers, as they are the focal point of the card.  The gold and peach screamed wedding or anniversary to me, so that was the plan, make a Congrats card, as it could be for both!

I decided on using the Watercolor Stripes cover die, and the Congrats script word die...


I kept the very middle cut out, as I wanted to mount my Congrats on to it and use foam tape to give it a bit of lift.

Three flowers had the right balance on this card, not too heavy or over the top, with just a few sequins to finish it off!





I think this is a simple card but Impressive with all that heat embossing!  Hope this has given you some inspiration to pull out that embossing powder and give this technique a go, or better still.. sign up for the class!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Alli
XoX





Script Word Die Set
Script Word Die Set
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Versamark Ink
Versamark Ink
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Build A Flower Anemone
Build A Flower Anemone
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
PPP Rose Gold Sequins
PPP Rose Gold Sequins
Shop at:
SSS
Golden Peach Embossing Powder
Golden Peach Embossing Powder
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Copper Embossing Powder
Copper Embossing Powder
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Wagner Heat Gun - AU
Wagner Heat Gun - AU
Shop at:
BCC
EK Powder Tool
EK Powder Tool
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Watercolor Stripes Cover Die
Watercolor Stripes Cover Die
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS

10 comments:

  1. Simply stunning, love the colours you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meg, I appreciate your kind words hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Alli, I definitely don't heat emboss enough.... although now I need a new heat gun I am sure I will want to heat emboss more than ever lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, yes me too lol..but that heat gun is amazing! Hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous embossing and details, Alli! The embossed vellum flowers are truly amazing! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!
    I too have a large supply of heat embossing supplies but do I use them? rarely! All those steps I think I am in too much of a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so pretty! LOVE the colours!
    Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete