Friday, June 21, 2019

New paint brushes

Hi guys,

I received some happy mail from the postie today, I've been waiting for these new brushes to land for a while now... and along with them, my freebie Daniel Smith dot card - David Bellamy Palette.  I do love these dot cards I can try the colours out and see what I like, but there's also lots of paint on them too, enough for a few cards!

So I bought a couple of Escoda Reserva brushes a "0" from the series 1212 and a "2" from the series 1214 The "2" brush is actually a travel brush with a gold metal handle.  I liked the "0" as i can get some really fine lines with it, I'm still unsure on the "2".. I actually went back to my Silver "4" brush for the background of this card...


It was a good opportunity to break out the SSS - Delicate Flowers set to try out these new brushes and paint dot cards!


I've added some splatters and some gold sparkle but it's a little hard to pick up on camera!

I'm going to enter this into the following challenges

  1. Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
  2. Happy little stampers watercolour challenge


Hope you like the card and have a good weekend!

Hugs
XoX



8 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun with these new supplies, what a beautiful card Alli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Therese, I love new supplies.. and swatching lol hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Your painting is fabulous. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, it's the new brushes LOL hugs XoX

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely stunning and beautiful card you have here Alli. Your colouring skills are incredible. So glad you shared your talent with us at HLS for our water colour challenge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete