Thursday, June 27, 2019

Altenew - AECP - Level 2 - In the Mood for Colour

Hi all,

I'm back today with another two cards I've created for my AECP - this class was taught by the lovely Stephanie Klauck - 7 lessons all about colour and the mood that each colour makes you feel..

Now, I've never really thought about what colours depict what mood, but after taking these lessons, I can now appreciate that sometimes a sentiment isn't going to match the mood colour of the card...

We know that when we see colours, they can make us feel, very different emotions.. little bit of Psychology going on here with my cards today! Some colours are warm or cool, but each one of those colours has a different mood attached to it.  I'm going with different shades of Blue/Green..cool colours and a hint of Gold for warmth.

So Blue is calm and Green is soothing, and the sentiment I chose for this card also reflects the mood of the card colour too..The hint of Gold (yellow) is for optimism and cheer.


So now we'll look at the process of making this card.. 

I stamped the Study of Watercolor stamp set on to water colour card stock, with three of the Sea shore collection of inks, to create an ombre effect.


Now I have a tendency to over think my cards and find it quite difficult to produce a card with white space...also I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to water colouring inside the lines LOL and the thought of letting the paint drip scared me LOL..but I do like the end result...


I added the antique gold ink spray by first spraying it on a piece of vellum and then picking it up with a paint brush for the splatters.



I think the sentiment "I'm just a thought away" matches the mood of this card perfectly!


So for my second card, I've decided to go rainbow...yes full on rainbow for a happy bright birthday card.  I'ts actually for my son who turns 24 this week! so no unicorns or glitter with this rainbow LOL


I've used the "Birthday Bash"stamp set for this one, I stamped the streamers onto white cardstock in bright birthday colours and then filled them in with the same inks. I embossed the sentiment in white on to a piece of vellum and on the back of the vellum I used the same ink colours as before to create a soft ink blend. I stamped the confetti in gold and filled it in with the antique gold ink spray.


The party blower was coloured using my Copic and Altenew alcohol markers.
I love the bright but yet soft feel to this card.


Hope you like these cards, and I know for sure that I will be matching card mood colours with sentiments from now on!

Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs
Alli
XoX



A Study in Watercolor
A Study in Watercolor
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Artist Marker Starter Set
Artist Marker Starter Set
Shop at:
ALT
Versamark Ink
Versamark Ink
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Canson XL
Canson XL
Shop at:
Auzz | SSS
Sea Shore Ink
Sea Shore Ink
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Birthday bash
Birthday bash
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Antique Gold
Antique Gold
Shop at:
ALT | SSS
Delicate Flower Bed
Delicate Flower Bed
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Pocket of Sunshine
Pocket of Sunshine
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
Deep Blue Seas
Deep Blue Seas
Shop at:
ALT | Auzz | SSS
White Embossing Powder
White Embossing Powder
Shop at:
ALT | SSS

8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards in gorgeous pastel tones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card looks so ethereal and soothing. It’s beautifully painted. Excellent colour choice. I also really like the fun looking second card. Love the heat embossed confetti. Wishing your son a very happy birthday!
    Thank you for entering these beautiful cards to the AECP assignment gallery. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful stylish cards Allie. Both so well designed! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fab cards.
    Wishing your son a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete