Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Christmas....

Hi all...

Ok I said the Christmas word and we are only in June! But it feels a lot like Christmas here in Melbourne, it's winter, it's cold today and raining..

On the up side... cold + rain = more craft time, there is still lots we need to do in the garden but it's a wee bit wet at the moment.

Another plus is that I have my first Christmas card made, I don't send that many anymore but most of ours go to the UK.. and they need to be posted at the end of November.

So here is my first non traditional card for the season..


Yes Santa arrives on his surf board here in Australia LOL..

This "Deck the Palms"stamp is by Sweet Stamp Shop, its such a cute stamp I couldn't resist using it for some of my Australian cards... 

I stamped the image using a hybrid ink as I was using my Copic markers to colour this.  I used nuvo glitter drops for the lights in the palms trees and  and nuvo clear drops on the glasses. I've also added wink of stella everywhere, well you can never have to much glitter can you LOL  and of course some gold washi tape. The sentiment also comes from this set, and lastly the sand is Hero Arts Sand embossing powder, I am just loving this stuff!



Hope you like this card, I'm going to enter this into the challenge over on

  1. Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes + Optional non traditional
  2. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #13 Glitter, Sparkle and Shine  - EDITED I got top pick - YAY
  3. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge
  4. Christmas at Sweet Stampin challenge - Anything goes + option non traditional colours

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Alli
XoX









14 comments:

  1. love the fun image, can't imagine Santa arriving in the hottest part of the year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, I know I still can't get used to it...lol Hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. Love your card, Alli - always wondered how Santa spends his time on the other side of the world! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo, yes I still can't get used to it lol hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to the Christmas stash. Two days later and it's still cold and raining! I have gardening to do too and putting it off til there's no rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ha Ha, yes Vicki, I am over the cold and rain, roll on Spring LOL, Hugs XoX

      Delete
  5. Hehe, what a fun Summer Christmas image! Deck the palms, love it! Made me smile, as it's perfect for a Kiwi Christmas. Thanks for sharing this with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. So glad you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, it is a fun one isn't it LOL, hugs XoX

      Delete
  6. Brilliant card. I bet it's not really cold where you are. Try it here in Derbyshire in the middle of winter, lol. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, haha... I remember those very cold days... but you kinda get accustomed to the heat and biy I feel the cold now, anything below 20 LOL hugs XoX

      Delete
  7. Oh, this fun card really makes me smile! Love the Santa in his shorts on the beach and the sentiment matches perfectly.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, its a fab stamp is this one hugs XoX

      Delete
  8. He looks so cool, love it. Thank you so much for sharing him with us at CASS.

    ReplyDelete