Thursday, August 1, 2019

Gerda Steiner - Catch A Wave...

Hi all,

Oh how I love this little guy in the catch a wave stamp set by Gerda Steiner... he is so cute...  So when I saw that the theme was Surfs Up, at Male Room challenge I had to enter this little guy!


I started this card by heat embossing the SSS - Waves in turquoise embossing powder by Ranger
I then masked this off with a piece of paper. For the top half  I used scattered straw distress oxide ink as my base.

 I am using the Ranger - Wendy Vecchi Make art station for this.  Those magnets are really strong I used them to not only hold the paper but also the Tim Holtz stencil I used.
I blended ripe persimmon, wild honey and mustard seed for the sunrays.

The sea was a blend of mermaid lagoon and salty ocean and I added white textile paint with a sprinkle of glitter with my Glitter Duster.


I coloured my little guy with Prismacolor pencils but I sketched around him and made this the beach, which is also coloured with Prismacolours.  I made a slit in between the sea and the sun and pushed the image through it, and adhered him with foam tape.

The final touch was a few seagulls and the sentiment which are from the SSS - Surfs Up set.

I'm also entering this into 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my little guy!
hugs
XoX









18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Therese love this little guy hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card with that cute duck, love it very much !!
    xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is you chick Alli? Love your colouring and the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Allison. This is superb. Your little guy is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Dawn -DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes so perfect for our challenge. I love the background you created for him too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't help but smile at this little guy. I love your backgound too. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn, I just love to mess don't I haha hugs XoX

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful "surf" card you made :-)) I like your funny duck!
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Andreja, he is rather funny, but I just love this little guy LOL, hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! And funny 😄 Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete