Monday, September 2, 2019

AAA Birthday

Hi all,

Its that time of the month again ... It's the first Monday which means it's time for a new challenge over on AAA Birthday and this challenge #5 is use a stencil! 





I was still in Masculine mood and wanted to play with some happy mail I had ordered whilst I was ill... Retail therapy, good for the soul, not so much for the wallet LOL..



So I created this card by stenciling the stripes in distress oxide ink, I then die cut a circle the same size as my port hole, out of masking paper and stuck it down,  I Went over most of my stenciled lines with distress oxide ink and flicked some water for splashes of sea LOL..

I die cut the porthole and glued it to the MFT circle shaker pouch, added some sequins and balls inside and glued that to the panel.

The anchor was coloured and then fussy cut and I just added some twine to resemble rope, the sentiment is from the Neat and Tangled set - Yo Ho Ho, and that completes my card!

We also have Rachelle joining us this month as our guest designer, so please pop over and have a look at her card and the other cards by our amazing design team! I really hope we will inspire you to join us and play along  and you have until September 29th!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs
XoX

8 comments:

  1. Such a clever look with the faded out background stencilling contrasting with the sharp porthole stencilling. Wondered how you'd achieved that when I first saw your card. Love the shaker element too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Jane, yes really easy when you know how it's been done, hugs XoX

      Delete
  2. wonderful make, love the stencilled background and porthole, the anchor is the perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Meg, Yes that anchor was troublesome to fussy cut lol, hugs XoX

      Delete
  3. Ha! I sure know the value of retail therapy (yikes!), but this is so wonderful. Love the shaker and contrast of color. Hugs, Tina xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card and a wonderful effect you created with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete